For those of you who have the "won't even take a bite" variety of kid, we had a rule for a while that anything healthy (no carbs, only vegetables or protein) could be eaten with chocolate.
Seriously. She put chocolate on vegetables and chocolate on meat. The size of the chocolate piece could be no bigger than the size of the regular food, and if she wanted to have another bit of chocolate, it came with another bit of red pepper or sauerkraut or whatever it was. Sauerkraut with chocolate is actually quite interesting, I've tried it.
No, they will not eat half chocolate meals forever, I promise. It just helps with the trying. At some point, you can scale back the chocolate.
Wrapping every bit of vegetable in organic bologna slices was another compromise that worked in our house. It was having to be so vigilant about stopping them from unwrapping it that made that one exhausting.
BTW, I do have one normal eater, DS3 who eats almost everything. He will yell "I don't want asparagus!" in imitation of DD5, and two minutes later he'll be happily eating it.
Food wise and parenting wise, these two kids inhabit different worlds.

Last edited by Tigerle; 06/01/16 01:41 AM.