I am not sure. I have a small complex about being a pushy parent and I don't want her teachers thinking her mom thinks shes a snowflake... and I also don't know if she is really pushing for anything new? if that makes sense. shes a pretty submissive and sensitive kid, so i'm not sure that there is an awareness that's even an option, thus not triggering anything from her teachers.

I did bring up the fact that she was "reading"... or knew some sight words once to her teacher and she said, "yeah, that's pretty common at this age that they start associating pictures with words". It felt pretty dismissive, but it also made me think that DD isn't really showing herself at school.

I really do love the daycare/school. she is happy there and seems to be well adjusted and enjoy the teachers and children, so I don't plan on reevaluating her being there. If she really wants to move ahead in concepts, she will.

I do wonder, though, if there is a shyness/reservedness about her that doesn't allow other people to see growth potential. if that makes sense