How old is she 5th grade and what 10 or 11. I know it seems more common these days but MANY kids don't find their passion at this age. It's OK to try a lot of things to figure out what that is IMO. I've known many a kid that seemed passionate about something at this age and then dislike it in H.S. Not everything they like at this age sticks. My older daughter is graduating college with BFA this spring. At 5th grade I would have said she like theater not art. She didn't show at lot of passion for it in 5th grade either. (Enjoyed it but not passion) Don't discount lack of enthusiasm for something at this age not being interested enough as a teenager or adult.

I hope the swimming goes well for her. As for not telling left from right. Is she ambidextrous? My husband has problems with left & right and it's because he is ambidextrous and therefore doesn't have that strong sense of understanding what is right.

The above description sounds like me as well. I can read crazy fast & could as a kid. But I get tongue tied in a fast paced discussion and didn't like timed tests either. Makes me wonder how much I'm alike my kid.