Dear All,

I am new to the forum. I have been reading posts for a while though. I need some advice.
My 6.5 year old son has never been tested but I have always suspected him to be moderately gifted. The only scores I have are the MAP scores which place him around 98% (both math and reading). He doesn't have any issues in school. I have talked to his teachers since Pre-K and they all have only good things to say about him.
I am concerned about his social skills. Any time we are at a party he gets overexcited to the point that the other kids avoid him. He falls all over them all the time and stays there too long until they yell at him to get off them. I have had many conversations about personal space with him.
He's also physically different. His upper body is very heavy and his legs are very weak. He has a hard time sitting up. And if someone is sitting next to him he tends to put all his weight on them.
He still wets the bed every night. Every night before he goes to sleep he cries saying he's scared of dying.
I am trying to get him tested. We live in Boston and the Boston's children does not do gifted testing. I am confused as to how to go about getting him the help he needs.
Any insights as to what might be wrong with him? Should I try to find a gifted center to do a complete evaluation?

Thanks