Blackcat, I'm sorry I don't have more specific advice, but fwiw, we've been advised that requesting that classroom work be sent home to be reviewed by a parent *can* be specifically added as an accommodation to an IEP/504 plan.

I also don't have an IEP with me at the moment, so don't remember the specific terminology, but they usually have "goals" (as you've listed above) and something that I can't remember the name of, which are objective (measurable) things that will happen as services in order for the student to meet the goals. We had issues with our ds' IEP services not being followed through in elementary school, and were advised that we could ask for a log of services received.

Did they specify a plan and a timeframe for collecting data that represents current functioning? Did they have an eligibility review? And my very basic question.. wasn't data re current functioning collected during the IEP eligibility process?

Also re goals, two of the goals seem very non-specific:

--follow the steps of the writing process
--write well developed paragraphs

I would ask that they define what steps of the writing process they expect her to follow (even though I am sure this is basic and they use the same steps for all students, it still should be defined in the IEP), and what exactly do they mean by a well developed paragraph?

Hang in there - it's a lot of work to get develop an IEP, but it's work well worth putting time and effort into - the more well-defined the IEP, the higher the likelihood it will be followed, and the higher the likelihood it will make a difference for your dd.

Best wishes,

polarbear