DD's school testing was completely biased and they screwed up the testing of the WIAT, inflating one of her scores by a lot (I had it re-scored). I think that some tests are more likely to be affected by bias than others. Basically, they were determined to do what they could to make DD ineligible for special ed. They looked at ONE classroom work sample, which was two sentences long, and at the lower end of the range compared to the other kids they looked at, and then they declared that the work sample was excellent. They retested her processing speed on the WISC IV and in 12 months it went up 21 points? Really? She still had very impaired fluency in other areas. I am now fighting to get that stuff out of her school records, but it has been impossible and now all I can do is write my own dissent for the school record. Of course, this makes me look like a crazy parent, but the new school refuses to take the biased and wrong testing out of their own evaluation report, claiming that legally, they can't.

So, my point is to get the testing that you need but be careful who you choose as a tester. I had no choice in terms of the school eval, but you have a choice, and you will want a report that you can trust and that you can give to the school if needed.