Thank you for the feedback. I, too, wish that I had gotten more information from him regarding his position on acceleration.

This is the big, hospital affiliated, local practice. I know the clinical supervisor, so maybe I will call him and see if he can make any changes without too much drama. We also see DD's psych this afternoon, so I will mention the poor rapport to her and see if she has any suggestions.

I guess I was still kind of on the fence about even doing any ASD screening, so this guy kind of tipped me over towards the "just run away now" side. I have been debating internally for over a month about whether or not she may be on the spectrum. If she's borderline, and we get a label, would it really help? Does being labeled harm the child's view of themselves? It all just feels so heavy. And then I remind myself that it would be nice to at least get the WISC done, as her school only used the RIAS, and I am pretty positive that there are some struggles that will present themselves in the scores. I think this is the reason that her teachers are eager for me to share the screening results with them. There's a 2nd e of some kind in there, causing the anxiety. We just don't know all the details yet.