DD's working the block string this week. smile I tried it myself and found it tough! She is better at it than me, but I know I have eye issues....
I am still trying to grasp the VT concepts myself, but for my daughter, she rarely noticed the vision issues, which is part of the reason it went undetected so long. It was brief double vision/blurring a couple of times of week.
I've been told that one eye was doing most of the reading/tracking, and the other was handling dynamic vision. I can see the difference in the eyes when she is patched for exercises.
I had a friend whose son completed 40 wks of VT. She saw improvements in reading speed/fluency and hand eye coordination, plus much less mental/eye fatigue, but she did say his handwriting did not improve as much as she hoped.

Maybe ask the VT what improvements you should see first and which assigned exercises will help with his handwriting? I just expressed a continued concern about letter/number reversals, and they incorporated specific exercises to address this issue.

How many weeks of therapy was recommended?
So glad we have each other to compare notes. I only have one RL friend who has been through VT.