Something that has me tripped up, as a person lacking binocular vision, is knowing just what IS normal, what should be expected. My skepticism kicks in when I think, well, is he not doing well on that evaluation because it's within the parameters of normal, or is he actually having trouble, as it appears? I personally cannot do those convergence things. So I'm watching the eval and thinking with a questioning mindset, does he understand the directions? Is the evaluation accurate? How experienced is the assistant performing the tests for the doctor, if one of the tests was totally confusing and I could tell DS was really irritated by the instructions? And how about those bifocals, how do they impact the tests vs single vision lenses? Questions I need to ask the doctor.

DS clearly has convergence issues, and alternates his eyes near, and his visual processing is visibly slower than his auditory processing. But he compensates well. How do you determine if it's just a natural weakness, visual processing, that you cannot change and need to accept and move on? Is the only way to know to try the VT?