My DD had this throughout elementary school. It was full of outright untruths. Some of the earlier ones were just so off the mark that I stopped worrying about it. My DD's teachers were all caring and hard working people - they just hadn't seen someone like my DD before.

It must have been a bit like those late 80's pictures that went 3-d on you after a while of staring at them. If you didn't look hard enough or long enough you just could not see the image that you were supposed to see - anyone here remember those, btw?

At first, I was a bit frantic as the tone of some of my earlier posts on this site will attest. Eventually, I came to the conclusion that none of it really mattered. Standards have been lowered so much in the United States that none of the elementary school stuff is anything that couldn't be learned by a reasonably intelligent child in a year, let alone 5.

Instead of trying to change the wind I trimmed my sails. I realized quickly that my choices were a) move to another area (where things may be the same in different guise) or b) just do my best to get my DD enough to stop her falling apart outside of school.

I choose the latter option - luckily my DD is something of an autodidact so if she has something that she wants to learn I just give her the books etc and she will learn it.

Last edited by madeinuk; 10/09/15 06:30 PM.

Become what you are