Originally Posted by indigo
Originally Posted by ashley
I needed to get DS into a highly competitive private school and his report card looked mediocre at best
Some anticipate a similar experience in applying to colleges, when all measures/grades/assessments represent a low ceiling.

prepare a data rich portfolio
smile Parents may wish to continue helping their children collect items for a portfolio through middle school and high school, which students might use to supplement their transcripts when applying to college. Portfolios of work samples might inspire portions of a college essay, personal statement, and interview question responses.

yes, I got a forewarning of what my child's college application process was going to be like when my DS was applying for 2nd grade smile The experience taught me to organize data and save it for future use. And did I mention, that in my experience, when I pull out my huge folder with all the information organized into categories and start showing them to administrators, they prefer to agree to my request rather than go through my big binder smile