Originally Posted by Kombre
What I think is most harmful is that I already see signs of underachievement and my kids are not learning to work hard and struggle academically. They do not perceive school as a place for learning and ask why they get to learn over the summer, in camps, but not at school. This aspect has actually improved a bit so far this year. In the past, they would say they hated school. This year I have not heard them say that.

This. So much this.

My kid thinks of school as the place he wastes 7 hours of his day and constantly asks why it's so boring. He gives up on things that he doesn't understand instantly because he's never had to struggle.

I'm struggling with this right now myself. I'm going to pull him from the charter school he's in and I have to figure out where to send him. I guess that means I'm at the "give up" phase myself with his current school.

Can you move to be in the neighboring district? One of the options I'm looking at is a private school I really can't afford that it also far away. Good thing is it goes until 12th grade. If we go there and it works, I'm going to have to move to make the logistics more manageable. I love my house and my neighborhood, but I don't see any other option.