So when they get the packet of 200 questions to do in the hallway or the different homework, is it the right level? If not, I would try to advocate for a different packet and different homework. I think that is probably the most that you are going to get of of that school and the question is whether it is still unacceptable. DS's last school, in second grade, sent him to do Khan Academy in the special ed room but he was never getting any direct instruction at the correct level at all, no one was checking or monitoring his work (other than me doing what I could) and he had no peers to work with. I appreciated the fact that they were willing to bend just a bit to do as much as they did, but there was no way that was going to work out long-term. We ended up changing schools (without moving) to a school that accelerated him 3 grade levels for math like it was no big deal. I was in awe. If you consider moving, call the other school district (or districts) and, without giving your name, ask what their poilicies are regarding acceleration.
We did have our other kid in a self-contained program that involved giving advanced work for math. It looked good on paper and when the teachers gave a presentation but it ended up being a disaster, with all the kids working at their own pace. That is no better than sending a kid out in the hallway to work on their own. They did not make that clear. So programs that "sound" good may not actually be good. I think you need to talk to a lot of parents to get the true picture of what is going on, because I talked to a couple who had kids currently in the program, and they both told me it was fine. Meanwhile, other disgusted parents remove their kids. It's luck of the draw, depending on who you happen to talk to. I would have been so mad if we moved for that program--we would have been in for a rude awakening.