Originally Posted by bluemagic
I find it funny that adults on this board are saying they went to the quiz and they are sorted as X. I've seen no less than a DOZEN different sorting hat quizzes over the years. There isn't one and they will all likely give you a different answer.
The official sorting hat quiz is from Pottermore, the official site for Harry Potter information. As far as I am aware, Pottermore has taken down the quiz on the site and will offer a new/updated version soon. However, the previous quiz has been copied to several unofficial websites.

Please try not to categorize me as an “adult” or any other thing, as though that would say any one or other thing about me. I am first and foremost I. smile

ETA:
Originally Posted by dude
Statistically speaking, a Hufflepuff is more likely to run and hide, since the stand-and-fight response is not a selection criteria for Hufflepuff, but it is for Gryffindor. As a primary selection criteria for an entire house, it can be predicted that the courage trait is generally underrepresented among the other houses.
From the article linked by George C, quoting from the book:
when the students have a choice about whether or not to fight in the Battle of Hogwarts, the badgers all stay “for a different reason [than the Gryffindors]. They didn’t want to show off, they weren’t being reckless, that’s the essence of Hufflepuff.”

Last edited by Nyaanyaa; 10/05/15 01:12 PM.