OK - before I answered this, I went and took the stupid quiz. I was sorted into Ravenclaw, and felt "pleased" about that. I know - I shouldn't care at all. But there you have it. AI (artificial intelligence) that I am brainy and wise, or whatever Ravenclaw is supposed to be, and by the way I always assumed I would have been Ravenclaw.

My point is, I'm a more or less grown woman and shouldn't give a darn. But fact is - I felt a moment of pleasure at being confirmed to be who I thought I was. I'll bet dollars to donuts that anybody being honest with themselves would be hard-pressed to deny pleasure at that sort of affirmation and dismay if denied it.

So - I say, your child is having a huge reaction, sure. Over-reaction probably. But it's because he feels his very person is denied. I would let him have the big feelings, and not try to talk him out of them. Instead, I'd just focus on (a) it's a computer test - and you'll see. You have control over your destiny and you'll be whoever you want to be. The computer is no authority here. And (b) when you have big feelings, that's OK. But throwing things is not OK. Let's work on THAT!