Why does the pediatrician think it's not ADD? Because those are all ADHD symptoms. I'm not saying that it's for sure ADHD but it seems bizarre to just rule it out. The pediatrician should have inventories like the Conner's (teacher and parent versions). I would ask for them and fill them out. You could also try the school psychologist. I'm so disgusted with schools/teachers who bring up problems like this but then do not refer the child for a SCHOOL evaluation. If the teacher has concerns about a possible disability, they are legally mandated to evaluate the child. They can't just tell you to go get him therapy on your own. Of course you should talk to pediatrician, but they are not off the hook. If you want the school to evaluate him, then you can put a request in writing. I would probably try again with a pediatrician though, to ask about ADHD. Then you would have a medical diagnosis. You may also want to go to a neuropsych (or skip pediatrician and go directly to neuropsych) if you have any suspicion of autism/aspergers. A teacher will generally not suggest diagnoses like ADHD or autism to parents because they are not qualified to diagnose. Instead they will throw out all the symptoms and hope that you catch on. DD's ADHD was pretty obvious since she was so unfocused and she did things like run down hallways but no teacher EVER told me "I think she should be evaluated for ADHD." They just rambled on about her focus issues.