Meeting went okay. I started with some common ground things. "We need to help DS gain better control." We went down a few paths that easily led me to give them a couple articles explaining what anxiety CAN look like in a child. I started with, "I had to learn this, too. It's not what we, as adults, tend to think anxiety looks like." I think that helped.

We discussed perfectionism and possible things that can be done in the classroom. And we talked about academics. I told them the doc recommended enhanced curriculum, so we discussed some options there. The teacher was very receptive to all of it. The anxiety, the curriculum, etc.

The principal wanted his IQ scores. I said no. She assumed they must have been bad. He had a 120 GAI. I said the doc said there could be external factors that influenced his tests, so the score may not be valid. He still has his original score, so I don't want to give them a score that isn't valid. And...I paid for it.

Principal did try to nail me on an "I told you so" moment by saying, "So it's a good thing we didn't move him to second grade," to which I said, "I wasn't trying to get him moved to second grade; I was asking for the IAS to see if that would be a good option." BTW. After DS expressed concern and started focusing on it WAY too much, I had already decided it'd send him into a tailspin.

Over all, I feel like the meeting was a win. For now.