We meet with our son's school tomorrow morning to discuss evaluation results. Since we pursued the evaluation on our own, I am not giving them a full report.

He did not do as well as anticipated on the WISC-V. GAI 120. His processing speed was lower than other areas, and he had some processing issues on another test he took.

When we discussed the results with the doctor, he stated external factors could have played a role in the results. For one, he has anxiety and scored himself pretty high on social anxiety issues. For two, there is some inattentiveness going on, but nothing diagnosis worthy. We need more information. Additionally, anxiety can present as distraction, inattentiveness, and uncontrollable behavior, so it's really hard to tell exactly what the underlying issue is.

We know he has some perfection issues....he stated he worries about not doing things right. He shuts down if he thinks he can't do something. Not an uncommon issue. We don't have a lot of testers around here with experience in testing gifted kids. They're experienced in testing LDs and ADD/ADHD type of stuff. In hindsight, I really should have found SOMEONE with more experience with gifted kids, but nothing I can do now.

Here's the thing. DS had an anxiety last week. The principal did not react in a positive way, threatening my child and stating his reaction was because he didn't get his way. It is obvious that she, along with some of the other professionals, does not understand how anxiety can present in children. He's very high energy and an extrovert. He does not shy away in a corner. He rather make people laugh....after all, then he's controlling it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can better explain what is going on with this child and why he needs additional support and more challenges in the classroom? I'm hitting a wall and becoming very frustrated with what I feel a total disregard to listen. We have tried having his psychologist reach out. They refused to maintain contact with her. Thank you.