DS is six, almost seven. I'm not really sure how he did in testing. The doctor we met with was not the tester. And the tester was not the one to provide the results. All very odd to me. He basically answered our questions based solely on the results of the tests rather than any observations.

The principal is young and she's just starting her second year, so I'm sure she didn't MEAN to react the way she did, but doing so can have detrimental effects.

Yes, his verbal ability is a strength and he's very quick to point out errors in what others say (mostly me). He actually does quite well with peers; however, he will attach very tightly to one peer and one adult at the school. When he can't be near that child, it's a problem for him. He'll be "defiant" in trying to be close to the other child.

He's an extrovert and has no issues talking to kids. For a while, he really had a hard time getting to know kids because I think he came on too strong. Now he says, "Other kids think I'm weird, but that's okay because they think it's funny." I don't really know how to take that!

Bluemagic, I'll keep checking in. smile

(I did print off the DSM-V criteria for anxiety, panic attacks and ADHD. The principal is going to hate me).