Somewhat OT...but...I think it's time for the AP folks to stop making claims that their classes are "college level." They aren't.

I can't recall being given summer homework in college. I can't recall having to teach myself the first n chapters of a book in college before the class started and being required to hand in a packet of work on the first day of the semester. I can't recall my college professors ever telling me that I had to "take Cornell notes" or do anything else outside of a lab according to their specifications.

Sixteen-year-old high school kids don't have the executive function skills that 20-year-old college students have. So I sort-of get the thing about checking the planner. But given this fact, how can a teacher then reasonably expect the same kids to self-teach material from different classes over the summer? This draws way more on EF skills than copying down tomorrow's homework. I don't understand. You expect them to teach themselves the first 2 chapters of the calculus book, read two novels for English, and read 3 books for APUSH? All with associated homework and self-time-management? And yet you think they need so much help writing down tomorrow's assignment, you have to hover over them to check?

Huh?