Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
Oh dear-- you have my sympathies. I was predicting the rest of your post right about:

But I thought he had been slowly working on this homework for the past 3 weeks.
I should have known better. He always worked better under pressure of a due date. Even though anxiety is one of his biggest problems he is capable of harnessing it. He was doing so much better last spring. And in a many ways he has matured so much the past few months. He wanted me to STAY out of it, so I was trying to let him. He was self motivated to find time to study. I could see him sitting there with the book open for quite a lot of time over the past few weeks. Such a waste that he spend so much time "studying" when he wasn't getting anywhere.

At least he decided to stick with the easier Calculus class so he doesn't have tons of summer Calculus homework as well.

And at least he has nothing else that he has to do these last two days before school starts. Just a shame he needs to spend it studying. Although I will kick him out late afternoon to take a bike ride or a run because my experience is a bit of exercise will make it easier for him to keep going.

Last edited by bluemagic; 08/24/15 01:44 PM.