Polarbear. His school is a traditional sit and learn setting, which is hard for him. He does do much better with project-based learning. And no concessions are made for his boundless energy and need to move. They work on a color system that just doesn't work with him. He loses recess, has to do laps, and sometimes has to sit by himself during lunch for behavior issues.

I don't have the subtest scores. I'm hoping the full report will shed some light on what happened here, only the person writing the full report was not in the room with him during testing. I do know they gave him the WISC-V, the WIAT, MASC, and Conners CPT all within a 2-hour time span with no breaks. They gave the Conners for Inattentiveness and Impulsivity in between the two tests. He refused to complete the test because it was flashing letters. You are supposed to press the spacebar for all letters except 'X.' He really pushes back on monotonous things, so I'm not surprised. I could see that test throwing him with whatever came after.

We tested him at 4 because we had moved him from an in-home to a preschool at 3. They quickly moved him in with the four and five year olds because he was bored and causing issues. They struggled with him at nap time, as it was a small facility and he was required to lay still for the entire 2 hours. He requires less sleep than most. The 3-year-old teacher, a former Montessori teacher expressed concerns to us that if we didn't take a proactive role early, he would get in trouble. She expressed he was smart. We said, "we know," and she said, "I don't think you understand HOW smart he is. He will get bored if you don't keep him engaged and is the type of kid that will get in trouble." She was very nice about it. I knew he was above average, but I wanted to know what we were dealing with to determine the best course of action for him. He spent much of his time doing ABC worksheets and basic counting, both of which he mastered at an early age. He got bored and we eventually moved him to a play-based facility with teachers that would do extra "science" experiments with him on the side. He thrived. Kindergarten has seen us back to sitting still and doing worksheets.

He is the kind of kid that won't "perform" for you. For instance, they started a pilot reading program that pairs kids according to level rather than age. We got a letter stating he would stay in K. When I was reading with him, I asked him to tell me a few things about what he just read; he said, "I don't remember." I said, "That's why you're staying in K for reading." His response was typical. He said, "Fine! I'll tell you," and proceeded to give a detailed account of the book.

I did ask him if he was nervous about the tests. He said "Yes." He also said he got bored and tired of it. He also expressed a lot of concern about possibly leaving his best friend if he were moved up a grade. I told him we're not moving him up a grade, but now he's obsessively worried he won't be in the same class with this friend. He becomes very attached to people as well and brings on a lot of anxiety. It's a problem and is the reason he is in counseling. He said he was thinking of a lot of different things during the tests.

He does not know I have the scores.

No matter what, I'm still going to advocate for him to make sure he is challenged in school!