When our son was 4, we had him tested because of a variety of issues. I won't go into all the reasons we thought intelligence might play a role. Throughout K, we have struggled with him being disengaged from the classroom. In an effort to use the IAS, we had him tested again. He's 6.

His scores are significantly lower than expected. At 4, he took the SBV at scored a FSIQ of 124 (nothing super high), but he scored in the 130s on quantitative and fluid reasoning. He scored low in knowledge.

We just got scores from the WISC-IV and the WIAT. We don't have the full report yet, and I know they did an anxiety screen (he currently sees someone for anxiety, which is a big deal when we have big or unexpected changes), and the Connors CPT.

WISC:
Verbal Comp: 127
Visual Spatial: 108
Fluid Reasoning: 109
Working Memory: 110
Processing: 100
FSIQ: 117
GAI: 120

I guess I'm most baffled by the fluid reasoning score.

WIAT:
Word Reading: 114 (2nd grade)
Spelling: 112 (2nd grade)
Numerical Operations: 100 (1st grade)

Now here's the thing. He multiplies and divides and adds and subtracts in his head. I don't understand. AND, I know for a fact he reads and comprehends at a 3rd to 4th grade level.

Since I don't have the full report, I don't know what the anxiety index is. I know he flat out refused to do the Connors CPT for inattentiveness.

So...here's my real question. Could anxiety play a role? The tester was not the same person we met with to discuss testing. They have a person that administers the test, and then the Dr. does the full report. He had never met this person. Or do you think I'm reaching. Should I just consider his scores at 4 invalid? I mean, I see what he's capable of and how quickly he learns and his unwillingness to do repetitive work. How am I supposed to help him now in school?

Thanks for any feedback.