Originally Posted by spaghetti
Wow, wish I had seen these a few years ago. Awake all night waiting for the comet to come through the window, fears of all kinds of stuff. Couldn't read certain books or watch any movies. We had a therapist and meds, but still couldn't get the relaxation stuff down. Our best bet was the rosary (good thing we are Catholic!). That was the only method that would put him to sleep. Of course our idiot therapist thought it would create religious imagery fears......but it worked for us!
Makes sense the rosary would help--meditative. I'm right now saying a little prayer of thanks DS never thought of comets. OMG, for real.

Originally Posted by Can2K
Thanks for the link Eco - I may try those. Currently we use ones we downloaded onto DD's android tablet, but I'm not sure they're as effective as they used to be...
I'm sure there are many helpful meditations for kids. The reason I liked the one for young'uns so much is that they are bedtime stories, but give concrete imagery (is that a paradox?) My kids were/are really childlike and innocent--not precocious, emotionally. Not sure how more sophisticated children would react to The Angry Octopus, but it worked for us.