I agree with polarbear...not all EG/PG kiddos love to read. DD is my uber-reader with "different" interests (and has the more extreme and uneven profile). DS7, also with high WISC scores (my DC's FSIQ/GAI scores are 1-3 points apart), but with the more even profile, is a MUCH pickier reader and his interests are more typical. He is also more interested in math. Neither is better - they are just different.

If your DD likes art would she read art and craft books? Would she get into art history? I have had to do more "enabling" to keep DS reading than I ever had to do with DD...she reads anything and everything. Him? Not so much...I've had to always make certain books "happen to be in the house" that catch his interest.

Also, my DC have a friend who is extremely bright who has also had a "stealth" issue with learning. I was amazed knowing this child that ANY issue could be going on - because it was so well hidden. It really highlighted how difficult it can be to pick up a second "e" in a HG+ kiddo.