Thanks aeh - that is very helpful. I've been a bit concerned about her since I had her tested.. I mainly had her tested because I had my son tested, so I thought I would have her tested as well since she had *something* going on - mainly expressed in the unwillingness to wear any clothing with tags, with seams, etc. and also her reactions to smells.. Since I didn't think she was gifted I was really really surprised at her scores. I mean she didn't even know her alphabet by the time she hit kindergarden (despite having had several years of preschool where they taught the alphabet). The kindergarten teacher even asked me to work with her with flash cards since they were moving on to teaching reading. She has complained a couple of times about her eyes, but usually it seemed related to wanting me to buy her glasses (because she liked how they looked). A visit to an optometrist and her eyesight is perfect (he checks tracking etc.) Other than that she seems pretty normal, however she definitely has separation anxiety like her brother. She states that she likes school, her eyes don't hurt when she reads, and she says she likes reading, but it is boring. However the only books she will read happily are graphic novels, if we buy one for her she will read it a lot.

Oh one more thing… I do read higher a higher than grade level book to her each night. I figured with my DD it will help with vocabulary, and my DS just likes to be read to, so he listens too.

Last edited by LAF; 07/29/15 07:58 PM.