I am wondering how to "educate" the educational team without coming off as patronizing. I am pretty sure the general consensus is that this program is not for students with learning and/or behavioral challenges...if that is the case, though, I think they are not using appropriate identification methods. I'd have had no idea about that if not for this forum, though, since I didn't understand IQ tests at all and still have a quite limited understanding.

What I mean is this: if selection is based on GAI and not FSIQ, does it follow they are going to have a different group of students than they would if FSIQ was used, instead? And if the program is essentially acceleration in all subject areas (they basically skip grades 6-7 and go directly into 8, but not "on paper"--they still do three years of MS, adding high school classes each year), wouldn't it also follow that many students would struggle with the EF and social maturity required to succeed in this model?

I recently heard through the grapevine that kids bottoming out and flailing about is rampant in the program...but nobody talks about it. I'm hoping to learn more about that soon.

I thought this article might be a good place to begin, with the teachers, but am now rethinking.