I wanted to give a quick update on my dd. The person in charge of the program has been on vacation so I have been waiting to hear back. The school never was able to give me more information on the InView test score(you all were more knowledgeable!). They couldn't tell me her score was lower because it was based on her age or answer any of my questions really. They have decided to administer the WISC test to her and see how she does. They wanted to see if I would agree to that and if so contact a school Psychologist who could administer and score the test.

I am happy that they are looking for more data and not just excluding my dd so that makes me happy, but I am nervous about this test because I don't know a lot about it.

Can you guys give me pointers on what questions to ask or things to know before she takes it? I want to follow up with the administrator via email thanking them for the call today and provide any questions or expectations I have for my dd taking the test.

My specific questions:

Should I ask for a specific test(is there a long and short form)?

Are there different reports, what should I look for?

Are there qualifications I should ask for with the person administering the test?

Any advice on preparing my child for this test? She does well in a 1 on 1 environment, but I don't want her to feel stressed out about taking it.

I will ask for what score they are looking for her to get prior to the test.

Any advice or information is very much appreciated!!

Last edited by sigep1233; 07/07/15 09:45 AM.