Sorry, calling them 'gifted schools' threw me off. But the high output label didn't apply correctly, either.

You are right, I agree, that only Sage and Acera have the IQ test cutoff. But, for people with kids far from the mean those cutoffs really help enrich the population with peers for our kids. It's definitely better to have a progressive school (that's a technical education word, apparently) than your average public or output focussed school, but it's still not too useful if your five year old needs to be in with seven year olds. A progressive school with a hefty proportion of the students working a few years ahead is magic, and I'll bet you can't find it in too many other parts of the country.

Even those schools don't use the IQ score as the only measure, it's just the base you need in order to apply. Deciding who to admit or not admit is then based on other things.

Mithawk, I know! They certaInly don't bill themselves that way. I'd guess that Newton or Lexington would have a higher average IQ than that and/or be working at the same level. I don't know why you'd pay for private when the same environment can be found at public (for only a modest increase in your mortgage wink )

Last edited by Tallulah; 05/03/15 04:48 PM.