Tallulah - I am think you misunderstood my point. There are schools that use IQ scores and seem to subscribe to the notion that IQ has meaning. There are 'other' schools that are not so IQ dependent.

Admissions decisions at those 'other' schools are not solely based on IQ. They use other means of assessment. They also tend to accept kids who are not g/t because as I mentioned - there simply isn't the amount of g/t kids within certain geographical cache areas to support having a solely g/t school based on strict parameters like IQ and without kids who are 2e as well. I just spoke to the Waring School in Bev about this last week and with others within the last year; Waring School has had musical prodigies and other g/t have attended there as well.

There are many reasons why some schools may be better suited for a particular child than others. Some g/t schools are more traditionally structured; others less so. Some kids will struggle more with a traditional setting; others will excel in it. It really depends on the child.

Parents can get caught up in the numbers with IQ or other assessments but lose sight of the whole picture with schools (gifted or not). It's easily done. There are many variables to school regardless - the teachers, the curriculum, the delivery and presentation of subjects, how structured or not the school is, the other students, and it goes on and on. Some variables, you can control. Others you cannot.