Hi,
We are considering a move to the Cambridge area, and I am investigating school options for my son, who will be in 4th grade. He is currently in a small Montessori school and thriving there after a few years of public school, where he wasn't very happy. He tested as gifted several years ago, but I'm not necessarily looking for a school of high achievers. He really likes that he gets to work by himself at his Montessori school. He's introverted and kind of a rule follower, but he does have a good imagination. I'm looking at Montessori schools in the area, and we aren't wedded to Cambridge...just has to be within a decent commute for my husband. I'm also not wedded to Montessori, but like that they don't push him into group work. Any suggestions? We would probably prefer private unless there are some awesome public options that fit a quirky kind of kid who's not an extrovert.

Some schools I noticed were....Birches, Acera, Sage (seemed very competitive and high achiever so didn't seem like good fit) and some of the Montessori schools around like Thacher, Meeting House, Adams....(I know there are two in the Cambridge/Boston area but I think they are out of our price range.)

Is there anything I'm missing? Small is better...open to one room schoolhouse kinds of places if faculty is good.

Thanks!!!!