Right St. Margaret...I think sometimes kids get tired of being singled out as having ESOL, 504, and IEP plans. But then again I know they appreciate the extra time. With something like that being able to say the regular time limit is up stop working unless you have time accommodations. Those who don't sign off your computer and line up at the door quietly. Those who are using extra time, come back when you are done.

But I do know that my older son does tend to panic...he does (or did when he was younger) need some qualifiers "this does not apply to YOU" One of the worst things was filtering through when a teacher was mad at the entire class and he had done nothing wrong. He couldn't say to himself that she wasn't talking about him personally and think happy thoughts and ignore her rant. Or an assignment that we agree to modify and then she would mention it again and he would think the modification had been changed. I would say NO we have an agreement that you are doing just the odd numbers she isn't talking to you, she is talking to the other 20 kids.