With my older son sometimes a teacher in elementary school would send him to the next teacher over, front office, clinic for a fake errand (the adult would have him wait for a few minutes while he/she looked for a paper) while his teacher "discussed" behavior situation and consequences if they didn't improve to the agreed upon solution. My son couldn't handle discussions like this.

Also, I see all the time at my younger son's school that teachers will make a comment to an entire class but also qualify that if you have any type of plan that makes what he/she just said not in accordance with the plan to ignore what she just said. (Thinking of a teacher who was in the computer lab...everyone has 5 more minutes on this quiz, if you have any kind of time accommodations keep working...you know who you are.) But I have heard them say to a couple of individual kids "Listen to and read the directions in general, but I am going to come over after everyone has started working and we will decide what your assignment will look like and how we will accommodate you...so don't panic over what is written here." Then they work with the child to individualize it