I am not sure what you think will be accomplished with more marketing. There have been programs where smart kids compete in games shows, for their schools. Just like an athletic event, but they haven't been as popular as college football. Even college jeopardy.

The problem is the end game. Providing a better educational path for a smart kid means he will probably make more money than the not as smart kid. How is that ever going to be popular with the average person? Having a Michael Jordan for kid is very rare. And inspires awe because it is generally far removed. Helping create a path for an HG kid to get to Harvard or MIT, eliminating a playing field for the lesser smart kid is never going to be popular.

And remember, Tiger Woods father started training him very young, yes he had the DNA, but his father created the path. Just like we are expected to create the path to ensure our children's success. And they can go on college jeopardy for 15 minutes of fame.

Right now GT is very popular in NYC. Everyone wants gifted kids. "Hot housing" is popular, high scores on intelligence tests are sought after, placement in G&T programs are aggressively pursued. Because the end game is to get into a top school, makes lots of money because it takes lots of money to live well in NYC and high schools don't have football. Athletics mean Yankees or Mets not school level sports. So gifted is big, but it is also within the family unit that success is cherished and cheered on. Having a child not as talented in baseball is one thing, having a child not as smart as my BFF is really hard. I don't know why the psychology of that is, but it is.

Ren