My now 17 year old had to get out of the high school scene. She was crying a lot and boredom is dangerous for her. We went to some places that I really hope we never see again! I brought her home for homeschooling when she was 15. She now is still homeschooled but attends college and is soo much happier. She will graduate a year early from high school and be a sophomore in college. We do run into some problems based on her age but those snags seem so little compared to the troubles that she was having dealing with boredom and not having peers. When I was young I also left high school early (as you can tell from my writing:)) Everyone was against it. I felt pretty alone when I supported my daughter on this course. Now I would recommend it to anyone who has even thought of trying it. In college for the first time she really has been encouraged by her teachers to be who she is and to reach towards and embrace her intelligence. We had so few teachers through her public education that did that. Its like the school teachers are afraid to really recognize intelligence or something. The college teachers relish it! That alone has helped her to overcome her judgmental behavior because it is no longer so necessary as a survival tactic when surrounded by people so different than herself. Its kinda like an oxymoron...If that makes any sense:)