Originally Posted by MichelleC
But it sounds like your DS is having a hard time seeing the world through other people's eyes. Yes, OK, some are idiots. But many are responding to their own realities in the best ways that make sense for them. And yes, it's possible that could even include pregnant 14 year olds - I am reminded of how often people on this forum have pointed out that if our children's behaviour makes no sense to us, then we have yet to get well enough into their heads to see the perspective from which, to them, their choices seem logical.

ITA with MichelleC. FWIW, I have a 15 year old son and two daughters close behind in age. I don't have a book recommendation but if this was going on here I would talk to my ds to help him try to see things through other people's perspectives. I'd also really try to help him see that chances are those three girls didn't *choose* to be pregnant - and quite possibly didn't even choose to be careless. I think most of us (adults) can probably look back at our own teenage selves and find examples of ways in which we acted carelessly but didn't realize it simply because we were young.

polarbear