According to DS here is the whole story:

DS9 went in to the 5th grade gifted class to finish his work as the rest of the class was having their free time and the teacher felt he would be distracted (I understand this). When he was done he left and went to his classroom....nobody there...so he went to the other gifted classroom where sometimes the kids are still nobody was there. He went out to the playground which is adjacent to the parking lot, and there is no fencing or anything that separates the kids on the playground and the people in the parking lot they can literally walk in and out whenever they want to. Nobody on the playground. His plan was to go back to his classroom, sit in front of the door in the hallway and wait. At first he was scared. He thought his teacher left him behind because he's a bad student. Then he panicked when the other class was gone because he thought maybe the whole school had left and everybody forgot about him. While he was walking back to his classroom from the playground a faculty member found him. He asked if she knew where everybody was and she stated yes over "there" at the assembly so he went and found his classroom. His teacher never came up to him, she never asked if he was ok or if he got his work done....nothing was said. So then he was mad. His thought process now is that his teacher hates him and is purposely mean to him but in our house we don't let Bully's dictate our lives so he said "she can't scare me out of the classroom". He now see's his teacher as the same kind of bully who assaulted him last year and spit in his hair (in which case the gifted teacher never reported because DS said he was fine.)

And now I question myself as a parent and wonder if me advocating for him just made everything worst. She was negative to him yes...but before she never "ignored" him like he feels she does now. I can't win.

Last edited by Cola; 03/05/15 09:05 AM.