Good advice so far and hopefully aeh will chime in on the scores. The one thing that really jumped out to me was the fluid reasoning which is so important to learning. It is certainly a great strength for your child and perfectly in keeping with his capacity to think and wonder and speculate in ways consistent with giftedness.

Understanding of neuronal development is still relatively young. So much impacts upon how the brain learns and changes and its ability to function is impacted at different levels.

A very simplified way I use to understand why there may be inter related problems is to remind myself of all the processes involved and how they impact on each other First there has to be clear information input so functioning eyes ears etc. Then that information has to be transmitted to different areas in the brain and processed. Clear input can become muddled if the transmission pathways have a problem, similarly if there is a processing defect. So the eyes and ears can work but there can be auditory, visual or sensory defects at a different level. Then there must be information transmitted back to enable a response. That's where can get defects of speech production or motor disorders. So one area of neurological difficulty can impact in multiple ways.

Your son has one diagnosis which impacts, apraxia. Already you have a hint that his neuronal development is not going to be exactly like other kids his age. Apraxia is a broad term as there are many kinds affecting different areas eg congenital apraxia of speech, oculomotor apraxia and so on and it is not uncommon that the apraxia also affects sensorimotor, cognitive and affective processes. What has the neuropsych said about how how your DCs apraxia might be impacting?

The good news is your child is coping really well and making great leaps in his learning. By the way, learning is not necessarily a smooth curve of improvment and has been shown to follow a step wise path, particularly in skills acquisition so sudden jumps are normal. Those jumps may be exaggerated in gifted kids giving rise to the "whiplash effect".

I would think 2E helps you appreciate that your child has potential and strengths that are being impacted by challenges. I would do what others have suggested and deal with the challenges as they arise and keep supporting and celebrating his strengths. I am sure you have had the basics checked.....vision and hearing etc. if those areas are fine do consider other processing problems if warranted. But you have a neuropsych so I am hoping all that has been addressed.

With your child's score scatter and challenges a single IQ score showing Giftedness may not be easy to obtain. But giftedness isn't just an IQ score.