Save any emails you get from teachers as documentation of classroom problems. Also, you need to put in a written request for a comprehensive evaluation. Our school tried to feed me a bunch of ** about how they need to do "interventions" before they would evaluate but it says right on top of the eligibility checklist that interventions are not needed if a parent requests an evaluation. Find out what the policies are in your state. You should be able to call your State and talk to someone in the Special Ed Department. The schools here give this info to parents in their procedural safeguards booklet which lists the numbers for the State and various other advocacy groups. They are required to give this out to parents every time there is a meeting or they are refusing to do something that a parent requests. Here's a link about "Child Find". http://www.wrightslaw.com/info/child.find.mandate.htm
Write them a letter (I addressed it to the principal) requesting a comprehensive eval and include your specific concerns that you want evaluated. Tell them you want a team meeting to discuss your concerns and the evaluation. If they don't respond within a certain amount of time (I think it's 10-14 days), I would contact the special ed director. If that doesn't get you anywhere, call the State and ask how to file a complaint against the school for refusing to do a comprehensive evaluation. It sounds like they have no idea what they are doing. It is the same here. At the last school, they had no idea how to do even basic procedures/forms. They were quickly educated by the special ed director, but only because I called the State. We got DS a reasonable IEP.