I know that this differs by school, but in ours, the students in the G&T program outscore the "regular" students several grades up in regular classes on testing. Actually, if you look at talent search data, none of this is really that surprising. DD appears to be outscoring many of the GIFTED students several grades up on the school's own testing. Acceleration, then, would make absolutely NO sense unless it was into the G&T classes.

Dude, I love that you found a way to make it work for your DD (talk about taking the bull by the horns!), but DH is not in favor of any homeschooling. Honesty, I am not certain if it would work for DD anyway, at this point. DD seems to love the social aspect of school, but says generally she "hates school, because it is boring." DD would miss her friends and she is awfully self-directed for ME to be the one to homeschool her.

Still trying to work with the school. Not sure that anything I have done has really changed anything at this point - I feel constant worry and guilt about my DC, wishing I could do more to meet their needs.