Originally Posted by Dude
I almost never report posts, and I did not in this case. I even had a post removed from this conversation (in response to another which was also removed while I was already crafting a response), and I don't have a problem with that.

Reading through 22B's posts in this conversation, it seemed like a whole lot of arguing for the sake of arguing (what was all that about the nonexistence of gifted magnets, anyway?), and then he overreacted to moderation, which I would expect is the primary reason for the ban. I'd say you can just about count on getting banned anytime you make too much of moderator actions on a moderated forum. To make a mess of a metaphor, First Amendment arguments don't hold a lot of water in someone else's sandbox.

Unmoderated forums tend to descend to the lowest common denominator, and we're a population with a strong current of emotional overexcitability, so the choice is between some questionable moderation choices, or outright flame war. I choose the former.
yes this

I didn't report 22B - actually this is my first post in this thread - but I have been reading it daily and was quite surprised by the tangents and level of feeling in some of the posts, I was wondering how long it would take for a moderator to get involved