Can2K - Two (nicely contradictory) thoughts.... What, if anything, would you do differently based on the tests? If she's happy and seems a good fit with her current environment, is this information that would help you? Would you make different kinds of decisions? Is there any suggestion that her anxiety might hint that her current fit isn't as good as she might let on?

OTOH, I have one who screamingly (and I use that word in a most literal sense) fit the gifted profile from literally the moment he was born. He's always been noticeably out-of-sync with peers (too bad I had no clue why until he was 8 - oops). His younger sister, on the other hand, seems blissfully normal, and looks nothing like the "typical" descriptions. Nor did she seem anything but normal at school (until now, at 8. Turns out she has some verbal giftedness with a helping of LDs on the side.)

Note that I am NOT trying to suggest your DD might be 2E! Just that I have seen several posts ruefully noting, as I am, that a less flamboyantly-different sibling (especially those who aren't into doing crazy math tricks at a young age) may not "seem" gifted when we get used to a particular yardstick. And there's reams of info suggesting group screening can miss lots of kids for a whole variety of reasons. And her choice of peers is rather suggestive.

And final thought - I'm horrified to admit this, but I think I can already feel subtle changes in my expectations for DD. I suspect I've asked less, and fed her mind less. DS interests are math and science - easy to feed in this STEM-y household. DD likes "soft" stuff - traditional girly things (which I am not very good at!). I think I need to try a lot harder.

Have I muddied the waters enough yet? Good luck with your decision.