Originally Posted by Ivy
* Elaborate extracurricular activities, such as specialized lessons in juggling for a part in the school play

I'm suspicious about their willingness and ability to support the extreme differentiation she'd need
Sorry, OP, for hijacking your thread - I had to jump in and talk about these 2 points - my child visited a local "top private school" with fee in the $30K range and he laughed out loud at the extracurricular activities that they teach in that school - my DS has a few years of martial arts experience and what passes as martial arts instruction in that school might be equal to a white belt or orange belt level curriculum for him. And the swim instruction they were giving was way below his league because he is in a swim team already.
They told him that he was welcome to bring a book and read if the activity covered was below his abilities.
What I am saying is that they were not willing and don't have the ability to support extreme differentiation in extra curricular activities either!

So, for kids who want to "specialize" either in extra curriculars or in academics or both, even the priciest private schools will not work.