I'm lucky that the grandparents are willing to foot the bill. (Maybe they feel guilty about screwing up my gifted education ;-) )

This would be in California. There is a gifted homeschool group in the Bay Area. They might be a resource. Also to ask about home school laws in California.

Offhand I thought that a teacher who was gifted, might have the ability to span across both language arts and math and science. But such teachers might be rarer. Where might I look for one. I guess starting local is the best idea.

Offhand I had thought to just have one teacher, rather than cobble together a curriculum. But I wonder if a teacher would be excited about this. Or how much they would cost. To some degree I am asking though, why pay for private school where the ratio is 7 or 10 to 1, when I could get a ratio of 2 to 1.

And how do people learn best. I was thinking the teacher could start one child on a task, then work with the other, and alternate back and forth. It would also allow for, asking the child what they are excited about learning today. Such options are beyond even the wildest dreams of a public school, where you stick to a rigid curriculum, and the teacher is tied down by the students who can't read.