Originally Posted by greenlotus
She states A)Why do I want to know about her private business? (this is so frustrating). B) That she has to listen to this teacher read the chapter book out loud which is quite boring so when the teacher asks her questions she just shrugs, and (C)This teacher rates a 1 (out of a score from 1 - 5, 1 being bad). DD then shared some of the yelling and things the teacher had said to her (DD has been losing items and forgetting homework again, like last year).

All of that sounds perfectly normal to me. :-) What did you say to her when she asked why you wanted to know? She may be thinking/interpreting that you will be mad at her for the low grade and so hasn't wanted to discuss it. She may need help with the teacher but be unable to enunciate it. DS8 and I have an agreement that I stay out of his school business and he handles the teacher issues UNTIL he needs help. HOWEVER, he can't always tell me when he needs it so sometimes he has emotional outburts which are my cue that he needs me to intervene.

Also it sounds boring; I can't stand listening to someone else read out loud.