I of course stewed over this last night. I was trying to decide if I was over reacting, but then I decided that something was up. As I stated, she has never ever received a 2 or low assessment so it signals that something is up. For a kid who rarely shares I am going to take her bad rating of her teacher seriously. She gave her SSA math teacher fabulous ratings BTW. I sent out an email to the teacher asking for an appointment for DH and I. I also asked to see DD9's assessment. What worries me is that the psych., DH, my mother (AIG teacher), and I are going in to the school to see what we can do to create a better "fit" for DD and here we get this assessment and report card with this dip. I have to believe that the principal will note that it's just one instance whereas all the other testing shows strong scores way above 4th grade levels.
I also went back and looked at report cards from earlier years - yes, first and 2nd quarters many 3s then always ending in 4s. So there is something about that, for sure.

Last edited by greenlotus; 10/02/14 09:29 AM.