Originally Posted by blackcat
I definitely got this feeling when I took DS to OTs. One of them put him on a spinning board for a few minutes each week, and then watched his eyes shaking back and forth. She couldn't seem to give me a logical explanation for why she was doing this. Then they wanted me to take him for vision therapy but couldn't really give me good reasons for that either. Metronome therapy was done on both my kids. It might have been somewhat helpful for DD but DS never seemed to improve.

When someone recommends a therapy for my child, I ask "what peer-reviewed research indicates that this is effective?"

It can also be useful to look at quackwatch.com or other sites.

There is a huge industry of snake-oil out there, preying on parents who are worried about their kids.

Anyhow-- Jkim, good for you-- I think you're doing the right thing by pursuing the neuropsych.

I would also recommend having DH spend lots of quality time with DS and other children, if he doesn't already, so that he actually has to manage these issues and sees them more clearly. That way it becomes a shared viewpoint, rather than just "your issue." Taking DS (2e/autism) to Scouts when he was young really helped DH see the challenges DS was facing.