We had DS6 tested for IQ and achievement by a private LEP when he was 4 and 5 years old. He is more "mathy", but actually is fairly well balanced Verbal and Non-Verbal according to SB5 and WPPSI-IV. Working memory very high, however, processing speed is relatively (although not dismally) low.

Last year I was thinking maybe dysgraphia because he was very avoidant of pencil-to-paper tasks, but his writing has improved a lot and he has never complained about pain when he's writing. Last year we had an OT eval done, but it was not particularly helpful - I filled out a questionnaire and basically the report was a regurgitation of what I had filled out. OT recommended doing listening therapy (haven't actually done this but may do it, although through a different provider) and providing DS with fidget toys.

The biggest issues are inattention, executive skills, and social skills. He's doing fine in terms of academic achievement because he was light years ahead when he started school, but he is getting into trouble every day for making noises, being off task and distracting others in class. We're pretty sure his teacher doesn't understand him, so we'll be meeting with her soon, but that's a different matter...

I would like to get him evaluated by a neuropsych, but DH thinks it's too early. In the meantime, we have scheduled an assessment for CAPD because he really does fit all the "signs". I'm also leaning towards doing another OT assessment for SPD with a provider that was recommended by the LEP.

Are we wasting our time (and money) by looking at things piecemeal and heading down these different roads? Should DS be doing a neuropsych eval before all these other evals, or is it better to wait until he is a little older? (DS turned 6 in July)