Hello! This thread is almost 2 years old, but I joined so I could provide some feedback on Cogmed. The initial training is 25 sessions over 5 weeks, and is monitored by a licensed professional. After that, you are pretty much on your own, but you can certainly schedule appointments with the therapist, etc. to talk about subsequent training. I'm currently on training day 92.

I have adult ADHD, but wasn't diagnosed until I was 52. I decided to take the Cogmed training in hopes that it would improve my performance at work. I can honestly say there was some carryover from the lab to the workplace, but I'm not sure there was $1,600 of carryover! LOL

I'll offer these points in the hope that it helps someone out there. First, sitting thru 45 - 60 minutes of training, 5 days a week was tiring at a minimum. It was tough for me as an adult; I can only imagine what it would be like for a child. Another CRITICAL point in my view is how a person/child handles "failure". The training is DESIGNED to make you fail at some point. Once you get one wrong, the exercises get gradually easier until you get one right again. For me, 2 successive failures almost always cause anxiety/panic episodes; 3 or more and I have to use deep-breathing techniques to calm down. It becomes a very unpleasant experience, but on the other hand, provides opportunities to manage those conditions in a "controlled environment".

My advice would be to try one of the cheaper alternatives first - like MindSpring. If the results/experience is favorable with one of those, you'd likely get even better results from Cogmed.

Hope this helps! :-)