Nik, if your daughter uses Mindsparke, I'd try it with meds the first few times and then without to see what the differences are. Please let us know what kinds of results she gets after she finishes the training. I'd love to see a cheaper solution that works and can be used by more people.

I've heard of improvements with other tools such as Earobics (we're trying that one soon), FastForward and the Arrowsmith program (the last 2 are very pricey). We did in-depth phonics tutoring when ds was 6 and 7, and he now reads well even though his rapid naming and phonemic discrimination scores are still low. Ds is enrolled in a Mindfulness Martial Arts program that combines martial arts, yoga and meditation. It is targetted to kids with learning disabilities. He told me it is helping, and will enrol again next fall.

Eeema, I don't believe in a single fix that will make all problems go away. I just try to address the current problem with whatever tool I can find that I think won't cause worse problems.